Emergency Preparation Steps
Palm Springs, California
Four Elements of Preparedness:
- 1. Personal and Family Preparation (12 Steps)
- a.Survey of Neighborhoods for basic personal information
- b.Establish small neighborhood teams.
- 2.An Event
- c.Wind Storm
- e.Hazardous Chemical Spill
- f.Damage to Water Supply
- 3.Neighborhood Reaction – Immediate Action
- a. Neighborhood Assessment – impact on each neighborhood and population. (22 Neighborhoods representing 45% Population)
- b.Stabilizing the community – Fire and Police Protection
- c.Establishing Communication
- d.Open Medical first-aid treatment centers
- i.(6 locations)
- ii.Establish sorting based on severity of injuries
- iii.Develop transport for seriously injured victims
- 4.Command Center – Mobilization of Internal and External Resources
- a.Mobilize with Police, Fire, CERT and Races a network to establish communications, civil order and volunteer support for the entire city.
- b.Within a reasonable time period (48 hours) outside resources will begin to show up to provide more long-term help and resources. This will come from State of
California, Other States adjacent to California American Red Cross and FEMA.
- c.Long-term healing rebuilding process.